Monday, December 23, 2019

Intro to Examination for Provisional Registration (EPR) registration

Examination for provisional Registration (EPR)

Medical Licensing Exam in Msia.

Are you lost and looking for someone who is like you but took the exam? 
You are in luck!😁

I am one of the graduates from a University in China, who passed the EPR theory exam on 4th September 2019 and OSCE on December 2019.

I am here to share my experience to all International Medical Graduates who wish to work in Malaysia as a doctor. Hopefully with the guide of this blog, it will give you a clearer picture on what you need to prepare for the exam. 

Please use this blog as a guidance only for your preparation, and always refer to the main website (MMC website) to be more accurate.



First things first,


The medical licencing exam for international medical graduates are called EPR. EPR stands for Examination for Provisional Registration.It is for medical graduates from an university which is not fully recognize by the medical council in Malaysia . 
Check your university's status


Cost

The exam cost about
RM1000 for processing fee and another RM 3000 for the exam. 
You are still required to pay RM4k if you are retaking the exam. 😒

** all payments via online banking, so make sure you have an online account to transfer them.


Date

The exam is held two times in a year, one in March and another in September.
Schedule for 2019 and more is shown below in a table, as a reference for you to estimate the examination date. 
It is usually on the same month but the date can change. 
This is written based on our experience.
With covid-19 pandemic, some dates were cancelled. But they recently came up with an update where candidates can take online test (for theory-EPR1) starting 2021 March. 




Whoever passed the theory exam is eligible for the clinical exam. Those who failed will have to retake the theory exam. You have 4 chances to take the exam until you can pass them. 


Documents Needed


Then, you can start preparing the documents needed for the exam (preferably as soon as you can or at least 2 months before exam). 
Please refer to their official website for the registration form and checklist

There are a few things I would look out for and one of them are about how to get these documents certified. I have to make 2 trips to MMC(Malaysia Medical Council) just to submit these documents, it is crazy.
  • make sure it is certified
    • by a government servant- teacher/doctor working in government sector 
    • + certified true copy stamp (if possible)
    • if you have contents on the back of the page, make sure you certify that too.
    • refer
  • If possible certify at least 6 copies for future use.
    • 2 for step 1: theory
    • 1 for step 2: clinical
    • 2 for Houseman application
    • 1 for backup in case you failed.
  • IF you graduate from China, make sure you photocopy and verify both the Chinese and the English certificate!


After it is accepted you will receive a letter that you are permitted to take the upcoming exam.

Last but not least, remember to check the MMC website for the exam dates! They usually release the dates 1-2 months prior exam, and ensure you register early to get to sit for the exam. Their closing date is usually 3 weeks to 1 month before the date.

Where to go?

Address: Malaysian Medical Council, Block B, Ground Floor, Jalan Cenderasari, 50590 Kuala Lumpur.
Google Map

How to apply via online?
click here to know more

What to bring during exam?

1. Identification card / Passport
2.Confirmation Letter by MMC
3. Proof of payment
4. 2B pencils and erasers!!! (no pens are allowed.)
4. Jacket ,
 - it was so cold when we took the exam , I was shivering while trying to answer the questions.
5. Water bottle
6. Watch: to keep yourself on track of the time, and answer all question before time runs out.

Advice

The exam will take up about 6 months to a year, so in the meantime while waiting for exam, I strongly advice you all

If you are financially tight, it is better you work and save money before taking the exam. However, be aware of your time management, learn to have discipline to study even though you are tired or worn out after work, always keep in mind that, if you don't pass this exam, you wont be able to practice as a doctor in Malaysia. This is the "stumbling block" that you need to overcome and work with for a better future!

Always be humble and don't be afraid to seek help from the others. 






More info visit
https://mmc.gov.my/registration/#epr

32 comments:

  1. Can I have your Facebook sir? I'm the one who going to give EPR this september

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have any questions to ask me, please pm me at whatabtmusic@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Hello dear. I am also going to be doing the EPR this year. @Yu Sir, maybe you can help us both
    @Shamleek maybe we can share notes and study together
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Contact me on vidoushibullee@yahoo.com
      Thanks

      Delete
    2. If you have any questions to ask me, please pm me at whatabtmusic@gmail.com
      good luck for your exams!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hello. Can you add me to the group as well since I'm opting for EPR exam this September.

      Delete
  4. Hello
    May I have your help please
    I plan to do EPR too, and need your assistance if you can
    Thank you very much
    Please contact me at: rifin@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please give me your contact no..I will add you in the group

      Delete
    2. hey im sitting for EPR as well. can u all me in the group. 0129711828. thanks ya

      Delete
    3. hi guys, can you guys add me in the group too please ?

      Delete
    4. hi you can join the group chat in telegram: Group link: EPR TELEGRAM https://t.me/joinchat/PyqLjxUKuMxLa7AY80tx8Q

      Delete
  5. Pls contact me via lindadevi2000@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything that I could be of help? you can pm me at whatabtmusic@gmail.com

      Delete
    2. Please can you kindly share your review documents with me. I Wat to take the exam this year.thanks

      Delete
    3. Which review documents do you need? please pm me

      Delete
  6. Brother, should I submit all the documents in person or IA is possible to submit online.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brother, should I submit all the documents in person or IA is possible to submit online.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can submit it online via Merits MMC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi guys, I will be sitting for the exam this year. Please add me in the group if you have created a group study. My number : (+971) 50 7969667

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear friends, I am planning to sit for the exam as well. Please, add me to the group. My number +60189164478

    ReplyDelete
  11. 0172689071
    Please add me to the group as well.. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  12. https://t.me/EPRmsia
    U guys can join our group using this link

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello,I have some ques regarding EPR exam. I am Dr. Khaleda Sharmin, done M.B.B.S and have done M Phil in Pharmacology and therapeutics from Bangladesh. That is the basic medical subject. I have 5 years experience in medical teaching sector.Now my question is, Does EPR required clinical experiences?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dr. it would be useful if you have some clinical experiences so it can aid in passing the exams. For the time being, they wouldn't ask id you have clinical experiences when you are registering for the Exam.

      Delete
  14. Hi Dr. Do u have any study material for us to study. Or any guidelines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Group link: EPR TELEGRAM https://t.me/joinchat/PyqLjxUKuMxLa7AY80tx8Q
      you can contact me there as well.

      Delete
  15. hi dr , i am indian studying in china pursuing 3rd year MBBS , I want to know the difficulty level for taking this exam for people who studied in china and want to know from when sold I prepare and how

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Group link: EPR TELEGRAM https://t.me/joinchat/PyqLjxUKuMxLa7AY80tx8Q
      or you can email me for further details

      Delete
  16. Hi, how if we fail all the 4 attemps ?

    ReplyDelete
  17. unfortunately, you will be blacklisted.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi... Can you pls send me the materials of exam?

    ReplyDelete